Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Car Dealers Shouldn't Use Audio On The Web

As if car salesmen aren't annoying enough, I keep running across websites for car dealers where a salesman starts talking when you visit the site. If your sound is turned up from maybe a game etc it is REALLY annoying. Recently I found a Ft Pierce Toyota dealer whose website I wanted to check out. I hit the Bev Smith website and BLAH BLAH BLAH I get this guy telling me about Bev Smith Toyota and I have to scramble to get my volume turned done. I'd love to see the research that says that using audio on websites for advertising purposes is a good thing. Lucky this Ft Pierce Toyota dealer has an excellent reputation so it's customers will likley let the annoying sales guy slide. For those who just want the address or phone number however it's quite annoying.