Saturday, January 17, 2009

Golden Retrievers On Dogs 101

The other night my wife and I were watching Dogs 101 which is a great show on Animal Planet I believe. They profile three dog breeds and provide very useful information about each breed. This particular episode featured the Golden Retriever which has always been in my mind the perfect dog. I was very surprised to learn that the Golden Retriever is the third most likley to bite vs all other breed of dogs. I always viewed the Golden Retriever as the perfect dog and thought their only downside was that they have high rates of cancer. This confirms that Golden Retriever training and socialization is critical for every owner to work on with their best friend. Every dog needs training but if you own a Golden Retriever you should be mindful of their surprising reputation as a breed of dog known to bite. By training your Golden Retriever you'll be doing a service to yourself, your society and your best friend.