Sunday, September 21, 2008

Is The GM Employee Discount A Good Deal?

I've often wondered if all these GM and Ford Employee Discount sales are really a good deal or just a scam or scheme. One way to evaluate the GM Employee Discount is to look at past sales. I'm lucky in that I buy the same truck every four years so I have something to compare to. In 2005 I bought a Chevrolet Silverado I paid $26,500 for it. It was an LS with the Z71 off road package. Now that the GM Employee Discount is on I see the quoted price in an ad was about $25,000 not a bad deal. Further however was a $5000 promotional discount that could be added to the deal reducing the cost to about $20,000 not a bad deal by a long shot. So if you are in the market for a new car or truck any GM vehicle from Chevrolet, Cadillac, Pontiac and GMC is going to be priced at a very good deal. Head to your Chevrolet dealer today to check the price on whatever vehicle you might want.