Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Louisiana Project

A long time ago I created a site called Louisiana Malls. The site has about eight malls in Louisiana that are profiled. I noticed today that the home page for Louisiana Malls is not found in Google. I decided to see what I might do to get this site into Google. Here's what i've done so far. 1: Looked at each page and attempted to make them look better in general. This included adding some pictures and verifying the meta tags were ok. I should add there are no black hat techniques so there is no reason to not include the site in Google's index. I then created a sitemap.txt file containing all the urls and uploaded it to Google's sitemap program. I'm installing Python on my web server as well to try and see if I can get a sitemap.xml created. Stay tuned....