Monday, March 21, 2005

Shipping Motorcycles From USA to Canada

In case anyone ever needs this info here is what you need to ship a motorcycle from the US to Canada. When you ship the motorcycle you included the original title and two copies. These travel with your Bill Of Lading and Canadian Customs form. You need to find out what the US side port your motorcycle will stop at before it crosses the border. This office will require you fax the a copy of the title 72 hours in advance. They say that they will need to open your crate and see the VIN number so keep that in mind when building a crate. Accoring to Canadian Customs no interaction by the shipper is needed with them as they just stamp the title. You may want to call them in advance as certain motorcycles aren't allowed to be imported into Canada. Hope this goes smoothly, i'll keep you posted.